- Bath soaps and bath bombs.
I have never had an argument about bath time when specialty soaps were involved.
- Bath toys are not only for the tub but outside in the pool.
- Nail Polish If you have little girls I bet they love painting their finger and toe nails. What a delight to get some new spring colors.
- Cars & Trucks Have little boys? Matchbox cars or Hotwheels are a sure hit.
- Books All children love their bedtime stories. Older children love their chapter books or novels. You have fiction, nonfiction, biography, science, history just a plethora of topics to hold their interest.
- Jump RopesThere are some pretty fancy jump ropes these days. Some light up, have tassels and jingles. Check them out!
- Frisbees For the kids and the dog!
- Socks Easter Bunny socks! Jelly Bean socks. Easter Chick socks!
- Easter T-Shirts With the Easter Bunny or a bright springtime theme.
- Play Doh Everybody loves play dough! Check out Amazon. They have Play Doh in eggs! Pretty pastel colors.
- Jax Check out how to play…click Jax. A great old game that has withstood the test of time.
- Bubbles If you have a dog, try bacon bubbles! If you have a cat, try catnip bubbles! The kids will have a blast.
- Easter coloring book and new crayons.
- Easter Egg Hunt with eggs filled with small change.
- Marbles I still have my marble collection from when I was a kid (1950’s). How to play marbles.
- Easter Legos
- Bug Flashlights
- Bug Catching Kits Try the Dollar Store for these.
- Sidewalk Chalk
- Kites and Streamers
- Balls any ball! Small, large, medium szied. Kids love balls.
- Easter Bunny sunglasses.
- Puzzles of all kinds.
- Water Rockets
- Sand Toys
- Easter Movie
- Basket full of arts and crafts supplies!
- Balsa Airplanes
- Parachute Men
As you can see, there are a zillion things small enough for the basket that are not candy. What type of toys did you get when you were a child. I’m sure your kids would love to try them as well. A great way to tell them some family history, too. Kids will have forever memories with these types of gifts and interactions. Enjoy your Easter. I do add a small chocolate rabbit because what is Easter without a chocolate bunny!
“The invariable mark of wisdom is to see the miraculous in the common.”
― Ralph Waldo Emerson
It does not take huge acts or expensive items to create a fantastic memory for a lifetime.